Next

Welcome

The Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House provides specialist palliative care for people living with life-shortening conditions in West Norfolk, North Norfolk and the Fens. Hospice care is not just for people with cancer; we support people with a range of illnesses such as Dementia, Parkinson's, Motor Neurone Disease (MND), heart failure, kidney failure and Huntington's disease. Here at The Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House, we know that a life-shortening illness doesn’t just affect the one person - it affects everyone around them too. The hospice has strong links to other support providers in the local area and can help to find the best support and care for you.

A wide range of care and therapies are offered to people including:

• Day therapy sessions (such as Circuits, Therapeutic Gardening, Mindfulness, Physiotherapy, Expressive and Creative Therapy, Complementary Therapy and Occupational Therapy).

• Home Sits providing respite for up to 3 hours.

• Hospice at Home which provides end of life care for people wishing to remain in their own home during the last six – eight weeks of life.

• Family and Bereavement Support providing ongoing practical, emotional, social and psychological support for carers, family members and friends during a person’s illness and following bereavement.

It currently costs the Hospice in excess of £2 million to provide this care each year. The NHS funds only 10% of this, with the remaining 90% coming from fundraising activities and the support of our donors. All of the Hospice services are provided without charge thanks to the generosity of the local population.

In September 2014 the Hospice moved from Snettisham to a new purpose built building in Hillington. The new building has enabled the Hospice to continue to develop and expand services and adapt to the needs of the local population. It is currently working towards developing a new in-patient facility.


Jess Walker

Community Fundraiser

Fundraising Tel: 01485 601701
Hospice Tel: 01485 601700

Wheatfields, Hillington, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE31 6BH
www.norfolkhospice.org.uk